Note: our policies were updated in Nov 2022.
You asked…we have responded. Sheridan House Inn knows our guests like to travel with their furry family members, and it is now possible to stay in the Oakwood Room with your well-behaved pet dog or two. Oakwood has a separate outside entrance so visiting dogs will not be in our main buildings, and the room is separated from all others on the property.
Please read the policies below. If you agree, book the Oakwood Room on our website or by phone (pending availability). Once you hit the “add to reservation” button, a screen will pop up with our “inn-dulgences” or add-ons. Scroll to the bottom and select either the “1 Dog Pooch Package” for $25 or $35 for the “2 Dog Pooch Package” to add to your stay. Please let us know your pup name(s) in the Special Accommodations box. We’ll have everything set in your room at arrival for you and your pooch to have a great getaway at the Sheridan House Inn.
Our Pooch Package includes a dog-lead on the Oakwood patio to safely tie up your dog, food and water bowls on a mat, medium size dog bed, paw print covering for the bed, a goody-basket with treats, toys, blankets and clean-up supplies with bags and an outdoor garbage can.
NOTE: Don’t worry, folks, one thing we will never change is our child-free environment. This is a place for the adults to get away without the little ones around.
OAKWOOD ROOM POOCH PACKAGE POLICIES (signature required at check-in)
- We allow 1-2 dogs, each 70lbs maximum
- Purchase either the 1 or 2 dog “Pooch Package” when making the reservation for the Oakwood Room – dogs must be arranged in advance
- Email a photo or document showing your pup is current on vaccinations, as the innkeepers have a dog and there are wild animals in the forest; this is for everyone’s protection
- Please keep your pooches in your car when you arrive and come to the front door to check-in. You’ll have a separate entrance to bring your furry family members in
- Dogs must be leashed on the property at all times and kept away from other guests
- Dogs are only allowed in the Oakwood Room, on the patio outside the room, and in the parking areas/driveway/stairs. They are not allowed in any of the buildings, common areas, or in any other guest rooms
- Dogs may only be left unattended in the room if their humans are on property (if unable to eat breakfast outside on Oakwood patio due to cold weather, for instance) – violation of this rule will result in an immediate $100 charge on the provided credit card and additional charges will incur to cover costs of refunds if other guests are inconvenienced by dog noise or for time if the innkeepers must provide dog care. Bottom line, do not leave the property with your dog in your room
- “Poop” bags, paper towels and Nature’s Miracle spray, along with an outside trash can will be provided, as we know that accidents happen and nature calls. Please clean up after your baby
- Any damage to the room or outside grounds caused by your dog will be charged to your card for repair, clean-up or replacement
- Please only bring well-behaved and trained dogs. If your dog becomes aggressive with guests or the innkeeper’s dog, or is a barking nuisance, you will be asked to find alternate accommodations, without refund.
We want to thank our dog-loving guests who have helped us develop our policies and who came with their pooches to show us this can work. Now we can’t wait to meet your little Fido – and Jesse James can’t wait to give them a sniff hello.
Wow! This just goes to show how dedicated you are to making us feel like family. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in September. The gourmet breakfasts were incredible and the picnic lunch did the trick when we visited the South Rim. When sharing our vacation moments and our experience at the Sheridan House with family and friends, my sister, brother-in-law and friends are staying 3 nights on our recommendation! If we are ever back in the area, we will definitely stay again. Thank you both, Carolyn & Danny G
You guys are truly the best! Billy and I just got a puppy to take hiking with us. Which Milo has enough manners I can’t wait to bring him up to visit! <3